We are a vibrant, caring community in a small beautiful medieval building and grounds. We are wishing to offer the opportunity to volunteer with the members of our community, and enjoy the peace, closeness with nature and supportive atmosphere The Abbey offers. We are looking for people who are willing to contribute to the daily tasks of The Abbey while being aware of our values and culture.
During your stay we will be supporting our guests at the Abbey. In exchange for room and board, we ask for your assistance with daily tasks such as housekeeping, gardening and helping in the kitchen. You would be providing an invaluable support for The Abbey and it’s community that we hope you will find rewarding.
We would welcome the following:
- An ability to work and collaborate with people
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, with a willingness to self reflect and to give and receive feedback.
- A mature and caring outlook
During your stay you would have your own room (with Wifi) in the main house, with a shared bathroom. We warmly welcome you to join our morning meditations. We share one community meal a day with each other (either lunch or evening meal), and we’d provide you with ingredients to cook for the other meal.
For further information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Other ways of supporting the work of the Abbey
- Join the Abbey Company as a member and participate in our Annual General Meetings and Community Days
- Join the Abbey Council and participate in the long term management of The Abbey
- Make a donation to The Abbey via Givey